Loki Bound
AJA
2005-07-18 17:37:11 UTC
CSL wrote a tragedy he titled _Loki Bound_ which he writes to his friend
Arthur Greeves was in manuscript form and apparently already read by Arthur.
(Letter to Arthur Greeves, Malvern College, 5 June 1914) Hooper's note is
that the tragedy is Norse in subject and Greek in form.
Does anyone know if a copy or even a plot outline exists of that story?

Blessings,
Ann
Christian Rendel
2005-07-18 18:16:16 UTC
Post by AJA
Does anyone know if a copy or even a plot outline exists of that story?
I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that it is contained in The
Lewis Family Papers.

Christian
--
Christian Rendel, Witzenhausen, Germany
Music will get you through times with no money better than
2005-07-18 19:27:38 UTC
CSL wrote a tragedy he titled _Loki Bound_ ...
Does anyone know if a copy or even a plot outline exists of that story?
I think there are several pages of the manuscript in They Stand
Together and the plot is briefly discussed by Sayer, Green etc. I
would have thought that the several pages of the manuscript would be
included in Collected Letters Vol 1 but if not, then Hooper has left
out material again. I'll be commenting on this phase of Lewis' life in
my next post of "Lewis's Early Beliefs - Chronological".
AJA
2005-07-20 12:43:45 UTC
Thanks, j.
There is a plot outline Lewis wrote to Arthur Greeves from Gt. Bookham, 6
October, 1914 in Letters Volume I.
He intended Loki Bound to be an opera- writes that his "poor effort" might
be saved if Arthur would set it to some "soul-stirring" music
LOKI Tenor (?)
ODIN Baritone
THOR Basso (of course)
FREYA Soprano
FASOLD Basso
LEADER of the CHORUS Contralto (she has quite a lot to do, here & there)

Very interesting. Thanks.
Blessings,
Ann